Updates onUnreal

DaScribe

Hi,

Is the Unreal version of this product still being actively developed? 

How far out is the beta? Like 3 ears, 5 years, indefinitely?

Did Unreal 5 cause development delays?

Your product sounds quite exciting, but I'm becoming less optimistic the Unreal version will be released.  I know these things take time to develop, but you last update on the Unreal page was in 2021.

On 5/25/2023 at 11:28 PM, DaScribe said:

Is the Unreal version of this product still being actively developed? 

Yes, I would say that is being very actively developed.

How far out is the beta? Like 3 ears, 5 years, indefinitely?

We have no ETA for it yet.

Did Unreal 5 cause development delays?

No, Unreal didn't cause a delay. Currently, we are using Unreal 4.2, and we will be updating it to 5 at the very end stage.

Your product sounds quite exciting, but I'm becoming less optimistic the Unreal version will be released.  I know these things take time to develop, but you last update on the Unreal page was in 2021.

We are not providing small details or not polished videos on what we have ready and working, instead, we want to provide better use-case examples of more polished and more complete features.

We have a registration, character creation, selection, deletion, world entry, movement synchronization, and a major part of quests and dialogues completed and now we are working on the build system as well as inventory/backpack and items handling. I understand that some may think that it's not going forward, but we are getting commits once or twice per week, doing tests, and fixing bugs. Some can also say that we are not good at marketing, and not building momentum, but because the project is delayed by a lot due to project complexity, and some issues during the road, COVID, and some contractors issues, we are far from providing any ETA at this point. Instead, we want to have it nearly ready, and at that point, we will start sharing information during polishing the product. We don't want to share information about possible deadlines, that can change during the road.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

5 year later still nothing?

Everything is coding developed  on house computer

Are you making game with unity money license?

(covid?) that strange every school during covid has been made online.

Sorry for that but am a paying member who waiting to start on Unreal or other engine!

Do I need to stop paying or what.

1 hour ago, Nostreferatus said:

5 year later still nothing?

Everything is coding developed  on house computer

It's going forward nicely, but I don't want to share anything that is not polished enough, or in development state. I hope that we will have some elements to share 

Are you making game with unity money license?

I'm not sure what you mean, currently, our game is on hold due to the amount of work on Atavism.

(covid?) that strange every school during covid has been made online.

It wasn't about coding remotely. When we hired a company, and devs started to catch covid, some couldn't work. Dev also has family that he/she has to take care of in various situations.

Sorry for that but am a paying member who waiting to start on Unreal or other engine!

Do I need to stop paying or what.

It's your choice. We are not promising any timeline related to Unreal, but we are working on it, and I hope we will be starting sharing things one after another soon. Things in Atavism, like in any MMO game, are connected to each other, we have many elements ready like items, and combat, but not mobs, so they are just cubes. We don't want to share something that even is functional but not fully appealing.

What can I say, I know you cannot release a none finish product has company, but waiting another 5 year it's not profitable,

All the asset who I buy around Atavism become old too, I think you understand my point.

I don't want loose everything by standing in the black night.

I understand, but until the product is not ready, we won't provide any ETA. You can see how even big companies that are producing AAA games like CD Projekt RED or Blizzard, delayed their products due to issues they had, so you can try to predict something, and add time, but it can always be not enough. In this case, I won't give any potential false hope, unless it will be ready or nearly ready, like the last 5%.

Even though I know it's not sufficient, all I can say is that it's in progress and going forward.