suggestion for basic features

blad00x

Since I started using atavism again I noticed that some of the basic features are missing that would help a lot

-main menu , there is no main menu where player can change config or simply return back to character selection or quit the game . It's easy to add but it's missing.

-basic icon on gui , when we start using atavism demo gui we don't have any info like icon for inventory or quest button

-simple admin command like /respawn or /godmod that are usefull when dev or testing

it's not a lot but it can be really usefull

You may want to look out for the 2.6 update, to my understanding they have redone the whole GUI. With regards to the admin commands I know there used to be built in ones that you could use once you upgraded your character to an admin, I believe they should still be in, though I've not actually messed with atavism for quite some time (waiting to see how the various updates go). Check the wiki page for the actual commands.

There is a few command already in for admin or gm players. Godcommand, respawn and teleport to another players position is added as well in release 2.6 that's coming soon. Like said above we have a whole new ui system coming in 2.6 that uses UGUI of Unity so it is supper easy ti change stuff.

In 2.X you have the following command if you are an admin:

/spawner (wil let oyu spawn mobs, merchants)

/fly (lets you fly around)

/nofly (gorunds you)

All player by default can do the following command:

/goto (location pointer) ex: /goto spawn

in 2.6 you have the ability to teleport yourself to an other player.

New 2.6 video showing new cool stuff will be available this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

-main menu , there is no main menu where player can change config or simply return back to character selection or quit the game . It's easy to add but it's missing.

You can get UMenuPro for $10 USD.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/32374

I know it is more money but it is easy to use. I added to another game that I made from scratch and it fit right in. I think I made about 3 changes (not including changing the graphics) to make it work perfect. I actually think I will add it into Atavism and give it a shot.

I also use pause menu for the in game menu (you don't actually have to pause the game)

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/29218

The two of them work great together.

Just to note. I tried the pause menu and to bring the player back to the log in page. It worked but had errors. I think there should be some server commands ran prior to doing this. I am not sure if the player does anything in the current world prior to leaving it. I am also wondering if AGIS will allow access to this.

Logging back out to the character selection screen requires some code to be written to handle disconnecting from the world server and back into the login manager. If this is a highly requested feature I could try squeeze it into 2.6, but not 100% sure how much work it will take.