How to reset users charac after applying updates ?

mwituni

I have some users that can't get their characters into the world anymore.

They can login, and get to the CharacterSelection scene, but can't Enter the world from there.

I seem to recall this was caused by making db changes and after restarting the server, and at one point the suggestion was to recreate accounts and characters each time.

Does anyone know what causes this and what the fix is to use existing character accounts?

I've been looking at the db, but don't see anything obvious that may be causing this.

There can be numerous reasons a character breaks and it can be hard to track down the reason. I generally just delete the character and create a new one, but you could look at the errors log to see what errors are popping up when they try log in. That should give you a starting point as to what is wrong with the character. If you post it here I may be able to point you in the right direction.

Wow - Sooms!

Nice to hear from you ... hope you are doing a bit better?

Cant post reply to this forum ...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I guess its the spoiler, or a lot of text

I trimmed out a lot of uma messages (recipe info etc), and uploaded it to http://mwituni.com/koos/mwituni-errors.txt

Thanks for jumping in ... since I upgraded to 2.6.1 my character creation is dead, so can't use that as the workaround ... thus trying to see if i can fix this by fiddling some value in the db or something.

The reason it broke is I did a lot of UI changes prior to 2.6.1 and the update changed a lot and I had conflicts galore. I made a few hacks to get it running, so probably stuffed something up. I was stalling fixing that - in case the next update is a lot of changes again. When i create new chars they appear in the db, but they do not appear in the select character list, and aren't selected (upon creation) to login.

BTW: any idea where the (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

comes from? ... I have no folder C:/buildslave/...

I guess my problem is related to the logs ...

at UGUICharacterSelectSlot.SetCharacter (.CharacterEntry character) [0x00000] in :0

theres just your std code in that function. Most of the calling functions look ok too, but theres a few so i'll need to try work back through them to see if i changed anything.