Using Atavism with Unistorm

POTGSAtavism

Hey everyone!

So I recently purchased unistorm from the Unity asset store, and noticed I wasn't getting any rain particles when the weather was set to rain. I contacted the developer, and he said I needed to use the unistorm auto player setup to assign a camera and player model. I explained to him that I am using Atavism for my game, and it isn't possible to attach a player model since it has it's own character creation system. He then told me that he has customer's that use Atavism with Unistorm and they have not had any issues.

I am just wondering if any of you have used Atavism with Unistorm, and if so, what did you do as far as assigning the character model?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't tested it since I don't use Atavism any more because of how broken it is and the fact that there are so few updates BUT how I set up UniStorm is I don't even use the Auto Player Setup feature. I just go into one of the Demo Scenes for it,. Make the entire UnIStorm set up including the FPS character into a Prefab. Go into my Atavism scene drag the UniStorm Prefab I created into the scene. And then set up my character manually based on the First Person Character that came with the demo.

Then you need to create a Atavism Server side Plugin to control the Day/Night Cycle and weather selection and then sync it all with all players. I have a plugin that I created for it and it worked on the version of Atavism I was using at the time but I have no idea if it would work on the latest version of Atavism. It should though.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem you are going to have is that everything will not be sync with how you did it. Players will see different stuff.. day, night, different weather etc. If Mmo would share his plugin that would be great but not sure it will even work on the latest test build.

I am more interested on how he said he used the demo of unistorm and worked around it to atavism. I am going nuts trying to find a good 1st person solution.

I wish i knew more about this stuff concering the server and networking. But if i understand it right you need to set up unistorm so everyone can see it at the same time.....is it possible to attach unistorm to the terrain or something since its a game object? Since everyone sees that? Would that allow everyone to see the weather in sync?

The only way to accomplish this is to write code that it goes by the network time you have the server on. So basically a player would log in, the software would auto set the new players time to whatever the network time is. There was a script for Tenkoku that does that. Yes Unistorm is easy to setup for one player but most on here are doing MMO's