Where is the new version ?

Animatrix

You haven't missed it, we are having some UMA 2.7 integration issues, when we made that integration while ago UMA was in version 2.7 RC but now it's in final stage so we thought that it would be good to implement final version instead of RC and... something went wrong. We have breached ETA, but we are working hard to make that release asap, it shouldn't take long as we are making really good progress.

17 hours ago, Killersan said:

You haven't missed it, we are having some UMA 2.7 integration issues, when we made that integration while ago UMA was in version 2.7 RC but now it's in final stage so we thought that it would be good to implement final version instead of RC and... something went wrong. We have breached ETA, but we are working hard to make that release asap, it shouldn't take long as we are making really good progress.

What do you mean by UMA being in final stage? UMA have great plans for the future, so where did you get that idea? Have said this several times and really hope that you listened. Please make the integration so it is easy to upgrade Atavism UMA to the latest Original UMA version.

1 hour ago, Warborn said:

UMA 2.7 Final release stage, as in not the RC. Not a final version of UMA. Not that hard to Gather really. 

When we made implementation UMA was in beta 2 then RC version, and a few weeks later they introduced final version, but we were in a different part of the development at that moment, that's why it wasn't integrated with 2.7 final.

1 hour ago, Moerk75 said:

What do you mean by UMA being in final stage? UMA have great plans for the future, so where did you get that idea? Have said this several times and really hope that you listened. Please make the integration so it is easy to upgrade Atavism UMA to the latest Original UMA version.

We did it that way, but it's not compatible with everything, it seems that there were some additional changes and adjustments.

On 3/19/2018 at 6:32 PM, Animatrix said:

Well, here's the latest .... there isn't one :-)  am i not right that the new version should have been released by now ? 1st release deadline ... missed already ? hope not.

Becareful what you say bro. Many d*** riders here and on the discord. I complained few days about the release being pushed back twice or so and then others like Laura and Pebbep kept bringing it up insulting me calling me a kid and whiner lmao. They are still constantly posting about it while saying how amazing Dragon San studios is despite not having anything to base their praise of off.  I guess they are trying to get free license and maintenance from killersan...

5 hours ago, msammy93 said:

Becareful what you say bro. Many d*** riders here and on the discord. I complained few days about the release being pushed back twice or so and then others like Laura and Pebbep kept bringing it up insulting me calling me a kid and whiner lmao. They are still constantly posting about it while saying how amazing Dragon San studios is despite not having anything to base their praise of off.  I guess they are trying to get free license and maintenance from killersan...

You don't have to worry about it. You have your right to your opinion, still, you also admit on discord that you exaggerated it by saying it was pushed 12 times already and you said you did it on purpose, so I only ask to just be fair and let's stick with the facts.

10 hours ago, Animatrix said:

Well just wanted an update really. Just seems that ETA's are always pushed and pushed etc, just hope that we don't go back to the days of Neo is all. keep goin and keep us updated to progress is all we ask.

Even the worse information is better than no information at all, that is the worst thing and we never avoided any question and I think we are very responsive.

You should know that with this incoming release we are doing not only new features like pets, weather synchronization, private instances for solo and guilds and some improvements for crafting, new item effect which will give you an ability to create something like bag of items in it with randomly spawned item like loot table and more, but what we also achieved within such short time, which also cost us lots of time for preparation is few other elements like demo  with lots of use case examples showing how to configure: arenas, resources, teleports, buildings, merchants, crafts, drops, banks, npcs, mobs, combat (where you have skills, abilities, effects, coord effects in place), items different types (armors, weapons, consumables, skillbooks...), pets, guild private instance, single player private instance, quests and more. Such demo is important for us because some of you would like to see those examples in real, but also new developers will be able to check how it was configured and use it as references. We were also able to improve some of the important aspects of the demo, so it wouldn't have to be that pink plane in character selection and in general not refreshed for years island map, there weren't too many examples.

All was possible also thanks to our partners where Nature Manufacture built great environment by implementing part of its own assets, but also S.F. Bay gave us one mob, WillB prepared free starting clothes, Hendrik made special Enviro pack for us, so you could see weather synchronization plugin out of the box, by using Adams WAPI where you have integration of many other packages. As I said it is important because we also wanted to increase the visual quality of the project. We also implemented our exclusively made GUI and spawner panel was rewritten to UGUI. Now if we will record new Atavism Editor tutorials they will have a proper graphics quality so it would fit the overall result.

We also refreshed website, wiki, apanel (with additional functionality to handle maintenance plans properly), there will be also Atavism Live Demo Server where you will be able to play that Atavism Demo. We prepared virtual machines - Atavism ready environment with tutorial how to configure it, to eliminate issues which had Cygwin users, because of the specification of shared ports and such.

So to resume there were lots of project around activities which we wanted to make to improve that overall quality of Atavism project, which we continue to develop but it is already there, so, from last 3 months, we spent like half of the time for such additional but also important elements, so we could focus on features and improvements for next incoming releases.

We also started to build whole Atavism ecosystem, so with this incoming release, you will be able to purchase in our store not only Atavism but also our partners products. This initiative is for developers who would like to use Atavism ready packages using additional simplicity and adjustments which we made, for example, mobs where you will get database scripts for mobs, abilities, effects, coordinated effects definitions, with game ready models with some variations depending on the model.

So for example if developer would like to use Atavism and will want to put some mob into Atavism it will be possible within few steps, so within few minutes that mob will be ready to spawn in-game, with audio, animation, prepared default controller, so we made that to give you an ability to speed up your development.

Wanna big world, with nice looking foliage and props, rivers, lava and more, take World Streamer and use nice looking models which are in the demo and more, you can grab Nature Manufacture packages, wanna weather synchronization which will give you extra visual quality you can grab Enviro or use one which is implemented, want to put life into your game rapidly, you can grab some mobs from S.F. Bay, if you are using UMA, then you have wide range of armors from WillB, multilingual... no problem, you can grab i2localization and use integration which is already in place, same with great sound and music system like Master Audio, where most of coordinated effects scripts are ready to use it.

One place to build your MMORPG game, hopefully now more things will be clear for all of you, especially how much amount of work and effort we had to put to make these things done.