Server + Instances.....

Raptorixx

Hi,

I am considering buying Atavism, but I have a question..

Lets say I would buy a 500 concurrent user package. Would it be possible for me in some way to create a lobby etc where I can run my game in instances with a maximum allowance of 4 ppl?

Basically what I want to achieve is to limit the amount of players to be 4 per "game" but having the server to allow plenty of 4-players "games". Is that achievable?

Best Regards!

/R

1 hour ago, Raptorixx said:

Hi,

I am considering buying Atavism, but I have a question..

Lets say I would buy a 500 concurrent user package. Would it be possible for me in some way to create a lobby etc where I can run my game in instances with a maximum allowance of 4 ppl?

Basically what I want to achieve is to limit the amount of players to be 4 per "game" but having the server to allow plenty of 4-players "games". Is that achievable?

Best Regards!

/R

Hello,

Basically, Atavism is licensed per world server, but in one world you can run multiple different instances or copies of them.

You can achieve it in two ways.

First would be to limit the instance like a world to 4 players, so if a 5th player would try to join it he would be spawned in another copy of that instance. This element wouldn't require coding.

image.png

If you would like to create something like MOBA based on Atavism it would require some additional coding, but it's possible to achieve. In this case, you would need to have Java and C# coding.