Combat

AlanGreyjoy

With the new owner of atavism, are there plans to ditch the early 2000's combat system?

Once you have a taste of black desert online's combat, other mmo's just seem..... old.

Also, will there be any plans of having P2P server hosting. A lot of us (customers prior to buyout) have 0 interest in keeping up "official" servers.

Thanks!

Long time no see @AlanGreyjoy

It would require rewriting abilities plugin, but it's, of course, possible and we will probably get to that point, but there is no ETA for this part yet.

Can you explain a bit more what do you have in mind by P2P servers? One license allows you to use one world server and it's up to you how you will use it.

Yea I figured as much. It would be a huge re write.

And P2P servers would be a massive rewrite as well.

P2P is a peer to peer server. Meaning, players could host their own.

Why would this be good? Space. We wouldn't have to worry about land/map sizes. Since any mmo created with atavism is going to be a crafting/building mmo, player run servers would solve that headache for us. I realize a world can be split when the population is too full, but in todays age, people love hosting their own servers. I have yet to see an mmo do it officially. Normally you have people host pirated servers. Like an unofficial wow server or a bdo server.

On 11/7/2018 at 2:33 PM, AlanGreyjoy said:

Yea I figured as much. It would be a huge re write.

And P2P servers would be a massive rewrite as well.

P2P is a peer to peer server. Meaning, players could host their own.

Why would this be good? Space. We wouldn't have to worry about land/map sizes. Since any mmo created with atavism is going to be a crafting/building mmo, player run servers would solve that headache for us. I realize a world can be split when the population is too full, but in todays age, people love hosting their own servers. I have yet to see an mmo do it officially. Normally you have people host pirated servers. Like an unofficial wow server or a bdo server.

Apart from it's a HUGE security risk to have your players log on to just ANYONES server, no MMO does this for a reason, I get the feeling you're not exactly well read on the security measures MMOs take to keep players safe from you know being hacked, unlike a game like "Call of Duty" having your MMO account hacked is a HUGE deal, as you'll lose months of progress to someone. 

Unofficial servers aren't p2p for the record, they are hosted servers that people join, it's not just running on everyones PC. MMOs CANNOT be P2P, it's just not viable. 

Also my MMO with Atavism isn't a crafting or building MMO? You can easily just not have this feature, I don't use it because like you said it's a mess to upkeep.