Demo/Full version package

ND1973

I have a few questions about the demo. I downloaded the latest version demo. I am not impressed with the demo especially the character controls. You cant even control the character without it running all over the screen. The camera is "OK" but it moves to fast. I hope if you purchase the software you can change the setting.These are some of my questions i have for people that already purchased the software or anybody that has used the software before.

(1) Can you add your own 3D items such as Trees,Rocks,Main Characters, Non-Players Characters,Grass,Weapons or any other 3D items ?
(2) Can you design your own Terrain and add custom textures?
(3) Can you change the background of the splash screen,Main Menu,Inventory or any other bracket and add your own custom art? For example: You purchased a Main Menu on the asset store. You can change anything from the background to buttons to Fonts to splash screen. Is this software the same or is it locked and unchangeable?
 (4) Can you import your Unity assets?
(5) What about animations and custom characters?
(6) Can you add your own custom camera?
(7) Can you add input and a xbox controller? Example: Not everybody wants to use a keyboard and mouse, some people want to build a game for PC,Xbox,Ps4 and requires a controller.

I am building a game that has Skyrim feeling but a survival background. I do have a small video of a terrain cell i am working on within Unity, if anybody is interested. Its not much and nothing is set in stone.I found Atavism on the asset store. It looks like i could really use the software to help my project. It has a lot of everything that i can use to build my game. But i want to be able to customize everything or anything that i choose. I want to be able to add my own 3D assets and characters along with building my own terrain and add custom textures. Some stuff i will leave alone, but want the option to customize if i choose. If anybody has feedback please let me know. I would also like to see other people's videos if possible to get a better idea of what can be accomplished.

6 hours ago, ND1973 said:

I have a few questions about the demo. I downloaded the latest version demo. I am not impressed with the demo especially the character controls. You cant even control the character without it running all over the screen. The camera is "OK" but it moves to fast. I hope if you purchase the software you can change the setting.These are some of my questions i have for people that already purchased the software or anybody that has used the software before.

Thank you for your feedback. Basically, Ataivsm is a feature-rich MMORPG framework, so each developer can adjust settings to the needs. For example, we are providing mouse sensitivity within game settings, but as a developer you have access to change many parameters without coding, for the camera, depending on the controller, it can be

image.png

Keep in mind that Atavism Live Demo is a game example based on Atavism build within just a 2 weeks, where 13 days we spent in total on the environment, and 1 day for Atavism integration.

According to your questions:

(1) Can you add your own 3D items such as Trees,Rocks,Main Characters, Non-Players Characters,Grass,Weapons or any other 3D items ?

Yes, of course, we even have a short tutorial on how to integrate Atavism into the ready environment based on Nature Manufacture Frozen River Demo: http://wiki.atavismonline.com/project/integration-into-existing-scene/

(2) Can you design your feature-richTerrain and add custom textures?

Yes, same as point 1, same tutorial.

(3) Can you change the background of the splash screen,Main Menu,Inventory or any other bracket and add your own custom art? For example: You purchased a Main Menu on the asset store. You can change anything from the background to buttons to Fonts to splash screen. Is this software the same or is it locked and unchangeable?

We are providing exclusively made for Atavism, fully functional UI Theme, which you can use for your production, and you can adjust, change or swap any element you want. Atavism has some code which is locked, like license checks, or low-level networking.

(4) Can you import your Unity assets?

Yes, of course, our main project has the size of 320GB, where most are additional assets.

(5) What about animations and custom characters?

Switching, adjusting, or adding new animations is easy. You can also easily add new models, race, class, etc. to your project, here is a short tutorial how you can do this http://wiki.atavismonline.com/project/character-model-race-and-class/

(6) Can you add your own custom camera?

Yes, depending on your needs you can adjust our camera settings or adapt your solution to work with Atavism.

(7) Can you add input and a xbox controller? Example: Not everybody wants to use a keyboard and mouse, some people want to build a game for PC,Xbox,Ps4 and requires a controller.

Atavism works even on mobiles, we haven't tested consoles, but Unity handling this part so it's not hard to implement.

I am building a game that has Skyrim feeling but a survival background. I do have a small video of a terrain cell i am working on within Unity, if anybody is interested. Its not much and nothing is set in stone.I found Atavism on the asset store. It looks like i could really use the software to help my project. It has a lot of everything that i can use to build my game. But i want to be able to customize everything or anything that i choose. I want to be able to add my own 3D assets and characters along with building my own terrain and add custom textures. Some stuff i will leave alone, but want the option to customize if i choose. If anybody has feedback please let me know. I would also like to see other people's videos if possible to get a better idea of what can be accomplished.

How adjustable Atavism is you can see in the made with Atavism section on our website: https://www.atavismonline.com/made-with-atavism

As you saw Atavism Live Demo, you will notice that the art, look, models are totally different, as these elements are not exactly relevant with Atavism, which is about algorithms and logic with ease of configuration using Atavism Editor (graphics interface for setting Atavism), rather than models and world.

The video is not available for me.

Thanks for the feedback. After purchasing the product. I would import into unity like I would other assets,correct? Would I start from scratch like i would do a normal project and import my assets or have a base project already established? I notice the videos from people's games has the same landscape and assets as the demo! 

I have another question. Is the fighting set up to resemble Final Fantasy or can I choose how to set up the fighting? I want my fighting to resemble a Skyrim feeling of a RPG/Action/Survival game. I dont like the Final Fantasy version of fighting. I like pure action fighting. 

On 1/5/2019 at 2:47 AM, ND1973 said:

Thanks for the feedback. After purchasing the product. I would import into unity like I would other assets,correct? Would I start from scratch like i would do a normal project and import my assets or have a base project already established? I notice the videos from people's games has the same landscape and assets as the demo! 

Atavism is available with two versions:

1. With Demo data which includes all configuration examples as you might see on the videos including models, and the environment. 

2. Core version without examples, which has a basic configuration, and require some additional settings to start, but it has just the smallest as possible scene examples like a plane without mobs, models, etc.

It's up to you which version you will use.

On 1/5/2019 at 3:11 AM, ND1973 said:

I have another question. Is the fighting set up to resemble Final Fantasy or can I choose how to set up the fighting? I want my fighting to resemble a Skyrim feeling of a RPG/Action/Survival game. I dont like the Final Fantasy version of fighting. I like pure action fighting. 

Atavism has at this moment two types of combat, target oriented where you select the target to invoke the action or non-target where you basically using abilities which are around player with the angle, range, and area you can define, based on which enemy within the are will get the damage or not.