Some pointers please

Greetings. I'm a new user to Atavism. I'm mostly a scene maker but wanted to step things up a bit. I could use some pointers as to getting this up and running. I've watched a few of the tutorials but there is an overwhelming amount of topics, so it's confusing. I'm running a Win 7 Pro i5 Quad core x64 system with 16gb ram, an Nvidia Gforce 1030 grfx card. I'm currently running Unity 18.3.1. I'm not sure what packages I need to d/l or run. I'm also a bit confused as to what other programs I need. Do I need Python, MySQL if I'm doing it all through the interface? I tried a couple scenes in Unity to get it running and I'm not sure what I need to do to get the server side running. Do I need to run the Atavism.exe window panel before I start unity, or does it run inside unity without the WinPanel? Like I said, there are so many different ways to do the same thing that it's overwhelming. I did the 'Linear' 'Net3.5' thing and I still have problems connecting. Is this something I would need to be on discord for? I just installed that and have to learn how to use it.

I know there are specific tutorials I need to get it online, but I don't know which ones. I've seen talk of VM systems and other utilities. I hope you folks can steer me in the right direction.

Hello, there is one link which should "rule them all" :)

https://wiki.atavismonline.com/project/how-to-start-with-atavism/

There you will find the information you are looking for, like how to register your license if necessary (if you get it from the Unity Asset Store) or which packages you should download, how to install Atavism server and client, and more.

Let me know if you will still have any further questions after reading this material.

Thank you for the link. So far the progress is stopped. I'm showing 'No Connection' in Unity.

Database test connection Failed: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Atavism.DatabasePack:TestConnection(String, Boolean) (at Assets/Dragonsan/AtavismEditor/Editor/EditorCore/Libraries/DatabasePack.cs:266)
Atavism.DatabasePack:TestConnection(String) (at Assets/Dragonsan/AtavismEditor/Editor/EditorCore/Libraries/DatabasePack.cs:181)
Atavism.AtavismUnity:OnGUI() (at Assets/Dragonsan/AtavismEditor/Editor/EditorCore/AtavismUnity.cs:107)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

And in the Windows Panel I'm getting an error on the External Hostname/IP saying 'Missing Config Parameter' and won't let me edit.

I created the new scene/project and imported Atavism (2019.1) into my project. Made changes in the Player tab of Project Settings, and made sure I installed the server pkg. It does show as running from the WinPanel, as well as success on both World/Auth starts in command line box.

I'll leave it at this for now. Don't want to dump a bunch of questions all at once. :)

Missing config parameters means that you are using the new Atavism Manager with older Atavism server like 2018.3- as this parameter was added in Atavism 2018.3.1

Is it possible that you installed incorrect Atavism server version?

As for the incorrect host, if the Atavism Manager is on the same host (same PC) as your Unity, then in the Atavism Editor you can use your PC IP address (this will go through your firewall, so it can be blocked) or localhost (this won't be passed through the firewall, so it's a safer way in this case) with credentials
username: atavism
password: atavism

You can join us on the discord, to get support more in real-time. We can also assist you through Teamviewer.