Fully customized?

ND1973

I have a few questions about the asset. Is it fully customized such as Inventory, Main Menu, Loading Screen, Build Objects System, Quests ect? I want to be able to reskin everything inside Unity including the user interface and add my own assets and custom art. Can I add a gamepad controller or need to use the keyboard only? Can I add my own assets,3rd party assets and custom art? Can I add my own characters and NPC and animations?  What about the size of terrain map? What up size are you allowed to build that would work on the servers such as 1km x 1km or 16km x 16km ....Can i use 3rd party terrain assets to help build my terrain? What about combat fighting? I want the fighting to resemble a Diablo,Skyrim,pure action fighting. I don't like the Final Fantasy combat where a player has to wait/hit and take turns fighting enemies. I checked out the live demo. Is there anyway to make the combat fighting faster pace as seen in the live demo? 

You can reskin any UI element, change models, modify or replace controller and use gamepad. You can use your 3d assets and custom arts. You can add your own characters, NPCs, mobs, and animations, textures, models as you want. Terrain size is limited by Unity, not Atavism, so it depends how heavy assets you will use and how detailed your world will be. I personally wouldn't go bigger than 8 x 8. You can use instances to swtich between scenese, you can have as many instances as you want and split the workaload between them. You can use 3rd party terrain assets, we used some like TC, TC2, Gena for our game as well. Here you can find a tutoris about this topic, a bit outdated but the procedure is similar. https://unity.wiki.atavismonline.com/project/integration-into-existing-scene/
Combat/fighting is configurable:

You can define shorter cooldowns and faster animations if necessary. Atavism combat doesn't work based on turns, but based on cooldowns so how fast it is it's up to you.

I do have one more general question. You said something about instances? I might have a idea on what you're talking about. Are you saying " Have terrains in different scenes and add them to the build"? 

Also another question? What about Artificial intelligence for my NPCs? Do I need to add or purchase my own AI for my NPCs or does it come with the software, and I just have to configure it to my needs.

You can use instances to swtich between scenese, you can have as many instances as you want and split the workaload between them

I do have one more general question. You said something about instances? I might have a idea on what you're talking about. Are you saying " Have terrains in different scenes and add them to the build"? 

Atavism works based on instances which are scene representation on the server, so in the instance, you have mobs, NPCs, resource nodes, interactive objects, regions, basically all Atavism objects, and of course players, that can be switched by the player to improve Unity performance, so your player can be teleported to another instance (scene). Also, Atavism can start many copies of the same instance for you. Let's say you will define that your world instance can have up to 500 players, then if 501 will enter Atavism will create another copy for him. It's a very common solution for optimizing your server and client-side performance because your player won't be able to have too many players in one area at once to render them. Here you can find more information about instances https://unity.wiki.atavismonline.com/project/instances-plugin/

Also another question? What about Artificial intelligence for my NPCs? Do I need to add or purchase my own AI for my NPCs or does it come with the software, and I just have to configure it to my needs.

AI is a very broad topic. Atavism comes with various AI, like combat, where the mob can use different attacks based on its health, so the mob can use damage AoE attack by default, but when its health will drop below % level that you can define it can use an ability that will spawn additional mobs, heal himself, etc.

Mobs and NPCs can roam, use patrol paths between defined points will aggro if you will enter their aggro range, there is also linked aggro, which means that if you will aggro one mob, fi there will be his "friend" near he can aggro him as well to fight with you. You can assign various actions to NPCs like quests, banks, merchants, dialogues, repair equipment, and much more that is coming in the incoming release.

AI improvements element was planned for this year, but even we will start it, we won't finish it this year, so it will be released early next year. Here you can find our roadmap https://www.atavismonline.com/atavism/roadmap