General Questions about setting up Atavism

ND1973

I have a few questions and trying to figure it out.

I brought Atavism on sale and I installed the Atavism-Editor v10.3.0

Atavism-Server 10.3.0

Atavism Manager 10.3.0

Atavism Unity 10.3.0

My questions are I created a new project in Unity and imported Atavism Unity 10.3.0.....I didn't have any problems. I opened the Atavism Editor in Unity and everything is locked....

I tried to edit or reskin the User Interface in the demos and it won't let me. I did manage to edit some texts and change some colors but nothing else.

I tried the Demos especially the Character created demo...and when I click create character on the options button to test the demo...nothing happens. I was expecting it to go directly to the main game demo on file that comes with Atavism Unity. Everything is in the builds and nothing has been touched. I also tried all the demos out and nothing happens. 

Do I need to have the Atavism Editor running and unlocked for me to be able to create additional content and Characters?

If I want to add additional items or Characters do I need to use the Atavism Editor or can I just use the demo? What is Atavism Editor and do I need to use it, if I am not hosting or using a server at the moment even if its to test my game. Is it just for mainly editing and creating online content for server use only?  I don't plan on using hosting or a server at the moment. I want to focus on making a game before I use server and hosting in the future. 

I seen alot options in the Atavism Editor and some options I can't use because it's locked. If I want to create some quests or add some items or Characters to test in my game without hosting. Do I need the Atavism Editor active and unlocked for me to be able to do those things or can I just do it without the Atavism Editor?

Thank you for your purchase.

My questions are I created a new project in Unity and imported Atavism Unity 10.3.0.....I didn't have any problems. I opened the Atavism Editor in Unity and everything is locked....

Al features are available in the Editor and in Atavism for you, probably you mean the lock icons, there are not important, all are available for you. 

I tried to edit or reskin the User Interface in the demos and it won't let me. I did manage to edit some texts and change some colors but nothing else.

You can reskin and edit everything in the UI, models, scenes, even scripts, so it's hard to tell which element you weren't able to modify. Can you give me one example, so we could use it as a reference to resolve this element?

I tried the Demos especially the Character created demo...and when I click create character on the options button to test the demo...nothing happens. I was expecting it to go directly to the main game demo on file that comes with Atavism Unity. Everything is in the builds and nothing has been touched. I also tried all the demos out and nothing happens. 

I don't understand this element. You should be able to enter play mode, then register your player account within your own server, log in using your own credentials, and then create a character and enter the game. Can you record a short video of what problem you have with this element?

Do I need to have the Atavism Editor running and unlocked for me to be able to create additional content and Characters?

No, Atavism Editor connects directly to the database, while the player is using middleware Atavism authentication and world servers. The Editor can be closed.

If I want to add additional items or Characters do I need to use the Atavism Editor or can I just use the demo? What is Atavism Editor and do I need to use it, if I am not hosting or using a server at the moment even if its to test my game. Is it just for mainly editing and creating online content for server use only?  I don't plan on using hosting or a server at the moment. I want to focus on making a game before I use server and hosting in the future. 

Yes, to add items, quests, mob templates, dialogues, statistics, etc. you have to use Atavism Editor. I would recommend you to use the standalone version Atavism-Editor v10.3.0.
That's totally possible to use a hosting solution in the future, but Atavism keeps all data in the database, so by using Atavism Editor you are defining them, then the server during the startup is loading them into the server memory, and then you are seeing them in-game as a player. I'm talking about typical Atavism elements, and not the environment like terrain, houses, foliage, etc.

I seen alot options in the Atavism Editor and some options I can't use because it's locked. If I want to create some quests or add some items or Characters to test in my game without hosting. Do I need the Atavism Editor active and unlocked for me to be able to do those things or can I just do it without the Atavism Editor?

You should be able to use all elements, can you give me an example of the one that you cannot use? You don't have to activate anything in the Atavism Editor, except database configuration.

Let me know if you will need remote hands assistance, and I can guide you through these steps if you prefer to resolve it this way.

I am using Atavism editor v10.3.0

I will send you some videos and pictures of the situation. I might be doing something wrong. I do notice that I don't have the live demo that is available to people as a stand alone test demo. I think its called Nature Manufacturer frozen lake demo....its the demo that is free to test out the software. I am using Unity 2019.4.0

I am on eastern standard time....12am as I write this post. I will send you the videos and pictures in the morning. Hopefully its not a huge issue to fix. 

I have another question.

I do have atavism- editor v10.3.0

I downloaded the Atavism editor v10.3.0 for windows with server configuration. 

I also seen the Atavism editor v10.3.0 stand alone.

I am using windows,so which version should I use?  You were talking about the stand-alone version.  I assume i am using the stand-alone version.

Also this is what I have downloaded.

Atavism-Editor v10.3.0 for windows with server configuration.

Atavism-Server 10.3.0

Atavism Manager 10.3.0

Atavism Unity full demo  10.3.0

I am not ready to host on a server yet.. so what do I need to install just to get started editing the software and begin building my game? I do know I need to be connected to the atavism server for license checks. 

You downloaded the perfect set for the startup.

Install Atavism Manager https://unity.wiki.atavismonline.com/project/atavism-windows-manager/ to set our server up and running, there you will have to provide your Atavism Server .zip file which will be installed and set automatically for you. The only thing you will have to do is to set your mail and license key in the software, then install and setup Atavism Unity full demo https://unity.wiki.atavismonline.com/project/atavism-client-unity-installation/, and in the end Atavism Standalone which will have similar settings as Atavism Editor inside Unity.