Quest New/Concludable/Progress floating Text BUG

bilbosacket

Hi,

I'm currently learning all the basic from the framework before beginning the integration of the gameobjects/quest/story/instances and I set a fresh new world with just little object for learning.

I set a quest from one NPC where the player should find another npc. 

I took a look into the code and I found that the Floating Quest Mark are coming from the Atavism Setting script for the layout setting. 

If the quest-giver is not the quest-ender, the Quest available mark appear but the quest in progress mark or the quest concludable mark doesn't show up. 

Also the UI Textbox for the mark doesn't face the camera, probably because he is not update in the lateupdate.

I'm not sure from where come the problem but I have this fix before going too far in the game development process. 

Also it could be prefarable to have the option between String caracter or different sprite base on quest status.

19 minutes ago, bilbosacket said:

If the quest-giver is not the quest-ender, the Quest available mark appear but the quest in progress mark or the quest concludable mark doesn't show up. 

Correct, quest start is based on the quest you set to start, and quest progression/completion is based on the quest to complete on the NPC.

21 minutes ago, bilbosacket said:

Also the UI Textbox for the mark doesn't face the camera, probably because he is not update in the lateupdate.

It should be faced to the camera, unless you have multiple cameras in different locations.

22 minutes ago, bilbosacket said:

Also it could be prefarable to have the option between String caracter or different sprite base on quest status.

Icon for quest start/progress/completion can be set in the Login scene -> Scripts -> Atavism Settings

image.pngI

It can be a text or an icon.

2 hours ago, Martin (Killersan) said:

Correct, quest start is based on the quest you set to start, and quest progression/completion is based on the quest to complete on the NPC.

I understand that but when the quest-ender NPC is not the same NPC that the quest-Starter, the progression/completion mark doesn't show up at all.

Hi Martin,

I create my own sprite with my custom quest mark, then created a sprite atlas and set it to the AtavismSetting and now it is working almost perfectly. 

If the NPC Quest-Giver and the NPC Quest-ender are 2 different NPC but from the same NPC Template, The Mark appear

but if the NPC Quest-Giver and the NPC Quest-ender are from 2 different NPC Template, the mark doesnt showup but I can click on the NPC to end the quest with the dialog.

Any clue?