Help with a problem : Waiting until 6 pillars are triggered before calling an coordeffect event (with effects)

Mars

So, i wanted to have an object in world, where i can get the player to add the missing object components to fix a pillar; when all 6 pillars are repaired, an event could be triggered to all players that triggers (a coordeffect? / Advanced Dissolve which loads in a portal object) with an animation for all players, and makes a portal available to all players to enter a new scene. I'm not sure where to start with waiting for all 6 pillars to be completed, i can only see a way to make an event happen when a single pillar is activated. Am i missing something ?

Since multiple players can complete it, i also don't know how to track when a pillar is repaired.

• Mars changed the title to Help with a problem : Waiting until 6 pillars are triggered before calling an coordeffect event (with effects)
13 hours ago, Martin (Killersan) said:

This is not something that is out of the box, you would have to code it to gather all pieces of something to make it work.

Okay is there a specific space in AGIS i should inject the code to deal with the different pieces?  Or just make a whole new JAR to deal with it ?

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 10:31 PM, Martin (Killersan) said:

I think that this feature should be designed from scratch, as there is nothing similar, maybe a building system where you would provide materials. So, you would need to define a totally new class within the same AGIS jar file.

Could i not just create a new crafting station that only requires an item in the socket; and then i should just be able to check the item sockets of each of that station type that has the item ? 

Another thing that i wanted to do was have a list of recipes (that the player can get, that are dimmed) and then the player needs to find/discover the recipes.

I'd think modifying the crafting stations to not just generate items but require items to be present (see anvils, crucibles etc. in 7 days to die) would be adventagious for some game creators ..

This video is just for demonstration purposes of what i am talking about. The anvil is required in order to craft other recipes, and for crafting higher level metals (older build but demonstrates the point)

Could i not just create a new crafting station that only requires an item in the socket; and then i should just be able to check the item sockets of each of that station type that has the item ? 

There are two crafting systems in Atavism, grid based and crafting book one. If you will use crafting book there is no place to drag and drop items to use crafting station as it will check your backpack what you can craft, and present numbers near recipe entries.

On 4/23/2021 at 5:49 AM, Mars said:

Another thing that i wanted to do was have a list of recipes (that the player can get, that are dimmed) and then the player needs to find/discover the recipes.

You would have to code it on the client side, because client is presenting known recipes, but all recipes are sent by the server and kept in the prefabs cache. You can check how to access them on the client.

On 4/23/2021 at 5:49 AM, Mars said:

I'd think modifying the crafting stations to not just generate items but require items to be present (see anvils, crucibles etc. in 7 days to die) would be adventagious for some game creators ..

By this you mean something like "fuel"?

46 minutes ago, Martin (Killersan) said:

There are two crafting systems in Atavism, grid based and crafting book one. If you will use crafting book there is no place to drag and drop items to use crafting station as it will check your backpack what you can craft, and present numbers near recipe entries.

You would have to code it on the client side, because client is presenting known recipes, but all recipes are sent by the server and kept in the prefabs cache. You can check how to access them on the client.

By this you mean something like "fuel"?

image.png.4c39df9bb5b9b67acdd810caaee024de.png

Not fuel specifically but tools are required in order to craft recipes.

If you don't have the tools in these slots you can't craft specific recipes without them.
You can have a combination of requirements in order to meet criteria to be able to craft a recipe

The fuel and the required materials i am not too worried about because at the moment those can come directly out of inventory, so thats not a neccessity.