Feed back related to server side Source.

Recon

Hi Martin, I had messaged you privately, but not sure how much you check the Unity forums.   So, I was wondering if its possible, if you guys can do a better job with commenting out, some of the combat scripts atleast? in the source...     I don't want to comment on much else, as I did so privately. 

This would help folks out, on reading such scripts in a timely manner.   You have in some areas, but its pretty scattered .   I would like to see this more, as you know making games, reading others coding, can be timely, and trying to make it out... can be a job of its own, most other areas, seem pretty straight forward..  But the new combat scripts, no offense, need some clean up, and refactoring.    

But if you can atleast add more comments, users who do, edit add custom work for others, would be helpful.   ( Shouldn't take more than a few mins, and short sentence, comments as you did else where is perfectly  acceptable .     Thanks !

PS: in the future, when you refactor, try and use less, if else, using a enums, interface, and even switch statements for using JAVA 7 etc  this would make the code also much more readable... but for now, atleast  add more commenting. and that would be enough for most of os us, until you guys get the time to refactor.    Thanks again for understanding. 

Hello, yes, we are aware of that and we are planning to do code refactoring this year, it's even on our roadmap https://www.atavismonline.com/atavism/roadmap and it's a normal process after so many features and improvements have been implemented, but at this point, I have no ETA for this element yet.

We are a bit behind our schedule with the release, as COVID caught us badly a month ago, and now after our isolation and families quarantined we are slowly coming back to work.

On 4/12/2021 at 5:29 PM, Martin (Killersan) said:

Hello, yes, we are aware of that and we are planning to do code refactoring this year, it's even on our roadmap https://www.atavismonline.com/atavism/roadmap and it's a normal process after so many features and improvements have been implemented, but at this point, I have no ETA for this element yet.

We are a bit behind our schedule with the release, as COVID caught us badly a month ago, and now after our isolation and families quarantined we are slowly coming back to work.

Yup, I just wanted to make sure, that my feed back was added about the comments. Since its seems fairly scattered.   Thanks for info.!    

1. Code refactoring - NOT STARTED  

Ya, commenting is something, I recommend even before refactoring, when folks are using/reading  your code.   As you know development for users takes a lot of time, so I recommended this as well, since its easy to do, and since it can be done, while, waiting for refactoring.   (Remember, experience users are using ATAVISM and digging through source . 

So if you can do this as you are programming in general in the future that would be great, is what we are asking,

Otherwise, this will cost developers much more time and those being contracted ( alot more money) to get done.

No worries about being behind, not to worried about updates, this is more or less about commenting, something that takes a few seconds to do.  This can save a person paying a contractor a lot of money since we have to take a bit of time to tear into this.  So, if in the future any released code , even if not refactored if you could do this, that would be wonderful.. I had to charge someone extra, for having to spend more time tearing through the new combat. Which took me longer than normal.. Which if comments was there, that would of not happen. Other scripts where acceptable.

Even if its a few words, thats acceptable.

PS: programmers, should always be commenting as they are coding.  Huge Pet peeve of mine anyways just some feed back I hope to see in the future..  ( not worried about refactoring right now.) 

Thanks

Recon