opsive?

xNeeDx

There are actually a lot of problems. It is not possible to replace the standard controller. Please tell me if there is an instruction on how to replace your controller with your own, or maybe there is already a solution that I can buy? I really like your product, but I would like to replace the character control and the camera

In networking controllers, you have to take care of the networking logic, so the player movement could be received by the server and synchronized. It's not as simple as in a single-player game.

Currently, there is no out of the box integration with controllers from the Asset Store. Atavism has its own controller that can be modified. Here you can find a similar discussion. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19.08.2021 at 10:24, Martin (Dragonsan) said:

В сетевых контроллерах вы должны позаботиться о сетевой логике, чтобы движение игрока могло быть получено сервером и синхронизировано. Это не так просто, как в одиночной игре.

В настоящее время отсутствует готовая интеграция с контроллерами из хранилища активов. У атавизма есть свой собственный контроллер, который можно модифицировать. Здесь вы можете найти аналогичное обсуждение.

Thanks. This partially clarifies the whole process. But could you please indicate how to change the combat system? I want the raycast system

In networking controllers, you have to take care of the networking logic, so the player movement could be received by the server and synchronized. It's not as simple as in a single-player game.

Currently, there is no out of the box integration with controllers from the Asset Store. Atavism has its own controller that can be modified. Here you can find a similar discussion. 

At this point, a typical raycast would be possible on the client-side. We implemented raycast on the server in version 10.4, but it's not in use yet. It will be possible to use it out of the box in the future.

If you want to use a non-target combat system you can use AoE with distance and angle definition which is presented in the combat tutorials series starting from skills https://unity.wiki.atavismonline.com/project/skills-plugin/

On 04.09.2021 at 13:39, Martin (Dragonsan) said:

В сетевых контроллерах вы должны позаботиться о сетевой логике, чтобы движение игрока могло быть получено сервером и синхронизировано. Это не так просто, как в одиночной игре.

В настоящее время нет встроенной интеграции с контроллерами из хранилища ресурсов. У атавизма есть свой собственный контроллер, который можно модифицировать. Здесь вы можете найти аналогичную дискуссию.

На этом этапе на стороне клиента будет возможна типичная передача по сети. Мы реализовали raycast на сервере в версии 10.4, но он еще не используется. В будущем его можно будет использовать из коробки.

Если вы хотите использовать нецелевую боевую систему, вы можете использовать AoE с определением расстояния и угла, которое представлено в серии учебных пособий по бою, начиная с навыков https://unity.wiki.atavismonline.com/project/skills-plugin/

Thanks for the help. The system works almost exactly as I wanted it to. We implemented it a little differently, since we need the ability to shoot when the enemy is not selected. The wiki is very detailed and incredibly useful, but sometimes to see a solution, you need someone to indicate where to look for it))) Could you tell me if it is possible to use raycast now? Where to look?))