GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'username'@'localhost';

exit (to exit mysql)

for example

CREATE USER 'atavism'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'testpassword';

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'atavism'@'localhost';

sudo mysql -u username -p <"admin.sql"

error

mysql -u admin.sql
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin.sql'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

any help?

references:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-mysql-on-ubuntu-20-04

https://unity.wiki.atavismonline.com/project/installation/

Screenshot from 2021-10-06 17-38-33.png

setting up mysql install

sudo mysql_secure_installation

should i remove the test database?

sudo mysql

CREATE USER 'username'@'host' IDENTIFIED WITH authentication_plugin BY 'password';

CREATE USER 'sammy'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
GRANT PRIVILEGE ON database.table TO 'username'@'host';

GRANT CREATE, ALTER, DROP, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, SELECT, REFERENCES, RELOAD on *.* TO 'sammy'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION;

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'mahi'@'localhost';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'mahi'@'%';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'mahi'@'<DATABASE_FQDN>';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

mysql: exit
  • admin.sql
  • atavism.sql
  • master.sql
  • world_content.sql

In command line type:

mysql -u -p <”filename.sql” – if local DB

mysql -u -h -p <”filename.sql” – if remote DB

looks like i need to put a username in

mysql -u <username> -p <”filename.sql” – if local DB

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/ERROR-1045-28000-Access-denied-for-user-mahi-localhost-using/td-p/186604

Screenshot from 2021-10-06 17-57-25.png

Screenshot from 2021-10-06 18-01-13.png

i think i solved it   was a problem with <"

pi4-atavism@pi4atavism-desktop:~/atavism_server/sql/New_Install_with_Demo_Data$ mysql -u ross -p admin.sql
Enter password:  
ERROR 1049 (42000): Unknown database 'admin.sql'
pi4-atavism@pi4atavism-desktop:~/atavism_server/sql/New_Install_with_Demo_Data$ ls
admin.sql  atavism.sql  master.sql  world_content.sql
pi4-atavism@pi4atavism-desktop:~/atavism_server/sql/New_Install_with_Demo_Data$ mysql -u ross -p <"admin.sql"
Enter password:  
pi4-atavism@pi4atavism-desktop:~/atavism_server/sql/New_Install_with_Demo_Data$ mysql -u ross -p <"atavism.sql"
Enter password:  
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'ross'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
pi4-atavism@pi4atavism-desktop:~/atavism_server/sql/New_Install_with_Demo_Data$ mysql -u ross -p <"atavism.sql"
Enter password:  
pi4-atavism@pi4atavism-desktop:~/atavism_server/sql/New_Install_with_Demo_Data$ mysql -u ross -p <"master.sql"
Enter password:  
pi4-atavism@pi4atavism-desktop:~/atavism_server/sql/New_Install_with_Demo_Data$ mysql -u ross -p <"world_content.sql"
Enter password:  
pi4-atavism@pi4atavism-desktop:~/atavism_server/sql/New_Install_with_Demo_Data$  

could not find dos2unix

could not find java 8.

next problem  was starting mysql

service mysqld start

systemctl status mysql.service

./auth.sh -vC start
./auth.sh: line 268: java: command not found
./auth.sh: line 280: [: =: unary operator expected
./auth.sh: line 290: java: command not found
*** Starting master server ***
AO_HOME is ..
./auth.sh: line 127: [: =: unary operator expected
Using .jar files from the /dist hierarchy
Using property file ../bin/auth.properties
Using log directory ../logs/master
Using common directory ../config/common, bin directory ../bin
JAVA_FLAGS="-client  -cp ../other/rhino1_5R5/js.jar::../dist/lib/injected.jar:../dist/lib/atavism.jar:../dist/lib/agis.jar:../other/java-getopt-1.0.11.jar:../other/jython.jar:../other/log4j-api-2.14.1.jar:../other/log4j-core-2.14.1.jar:../other/disruptor-3.4.2.jar:../other/bcel-6.2.jar:. -Datavism.propertyfile=../bin/auth.properties   -Datavism.logs=../logs/master"
Starting authentication server:     ./auth.sh: line 146: java: command not found
FAILED{NC}

Wait for finished initializing msg...  
pi4-atavism@pi4atavism-desktop:~/atavism_server/bin$ service mysqld start
Failed to start mysqld.service: Unit mysqld.service not found.

pi4-atavism@pi4atavism-desktop:~/atavism_server/bin$ systemctl status mysql.service

sudo systemctl start mysql

sudo apt-get install java 8

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package java
E: Unable to locate package 8

sudo apt update

2. Then, you can confidently install the latest Java Development Kit with the following command:

sudo apt install default-jdk

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-mysql-on-ubuntu-20-04

bcel-6.2.jar' seems to be taking a long time to load?

update it was the size of the console window obscuring the command prompt (facepalm)

./auth.sh -vC start
*** Archiving auth logs ***
test
*** Starting master server ***
AO_HOME is ..
Using .jar files from the /dist hierarchy
Using property file ../bin/auth.properties
Using log directory ../logs/master
Using common directory ../config/common, bin directory ../bin
JAVA_FLAGS="-client  -cp ../other/rhino1_5R5/js.jar:../other/mysql-connector-java-8.0.24.jar:../dist/lib/injected.jar:../dist/lib/atavism.jar:../dist/lib/agis.jar:../other/java-getopt-1.0.11.jar:../other/jython.jar:../other/log4j-api-2.14.1.jar:../other/log4j-core-2.14.1.jar:../other/disruptor-3.4.2.jar:../other/bcel-6.2.jar:. -Datavism.propertyfile=../bin/auth.properties   -Datavism.logs=../logs/master"
Starting authentication server:     SUCCESS
Wait for finished initializing msg...  
pi4-atavism@pi4atavism-desktop:~/atavism_server/bin$ *sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, '/home/pi4-atavism/atavism_server/other/rhino1_5R5/js.jar'
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, '/home/pi4-atavism/atavism_server/other/mysql-connector-java-8.0.24.jar'
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, '/home/pi4-atavism/atavism_server/dist/lib/injected.jar'
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, '/home/pi4-atavism/atavism_server/dist/lib/atavism.jar'
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, '/home/pi4-atavism/atavism_server/dist/lib/agis.jar'
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, '/home/pi4-atavism/atavism_server/other/java-getopt-1.0.11.jar'
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, '/home/pi4-atavism/atavism_server/other/jython.jar'
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, '/home/pi4-atavism/atavism_server/other/log4j-api-2.14.1.jar'
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, '/home/pi4-atavism/atavism_server/other/log4j-core-2.14.1.jar'
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, '/home/pi4-atavism/atavism_server/other/disruptor-3.4.2.jar'
*sys-package-mgr*: processing new jar, '/home/pi4-atavism/atavism_server/other/bcel-6.2.jar'

IP address is the IP where your database is, by default it's the same server as Atavism.

Port by default is 3306.

Here you can find information on how to set it https://unity.wiki.atavismonline.com/project/database-plugin/

And how to set some basic things later https://unity.wiki.atavismonline.com/project/getting-started/

Ensure that the server port 3306 is accessible from your PC. You can do this with telnet or nmap (Linux). First do this locally to ensure that the database is running like

telnet 127.0.0.1 3306

or

nmap 127.0.0.1 -p 3306

If it will work then use server IP on the server, like

telnet YourServerIP 3306

or

nmap YourServerIP -p 3306

If it won't work (port will be closed), then there are two options:

1. MySQL is bound on the localhost address only, and you need to change it in the MySQL configuration file (usually in the /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf) you need to modify entry 

bind-address from 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0

and then restart MySQL service

sudo systmectl restart mysql

2. Your server firewall is blocking incoming connection. In this case, depending on your configuration you have to disable it or open 3306 port.

11 minutes ago, feartheway said:

will mysql workbench be any use?

is it something to do with  legacy authentication ?

is it something to do with the validate password option in mysql install?

https://vitux.com/how-to-install-and-configure-mysql-in-ubuntu/

Yes, if you are using mysql8 then you need to use legacy authentication method for the particular user or for the whole server.

how do i use / set  legacy authentication?

sql workebench will have to be copied across i guess.

i decided to remove mysql and try again

note removal did not work so i will have to reinstall ubuntu server

sudo apt purge mysql-server* 

sudo rm -r /etc/mysql /var/lib/mysql

sudo rm -r /var/log/mysql

sudo ls /var/lib/mysql

these have to be removed manually

cd /etc/mysql     then sudo rm -r *.*

2 files remain which mess up reinstall (sigh)

now mysql will not reinstall will reinstall ubuntu server in a bit to fix that

sudo apt install mysql-server

sudo mysql_secure_installation

You can just create a user with native password authentication

CREATE USER 'jeffrey'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'password';

CREATE USER 'jeffrey'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'password';

And then grant privileges to the admin, atavism, master, and world_content databases

8 hours ago, Martin (Dragonsan) said:

You can just create a user with native password authentication

And then grant privileges to the admin, atavism, master, and world_content databases

do i use 'localhost' or my ip?

i then have to update all the user settings in world.properties right?   when i tried this i ended up with a strange prompt 

'>

what am i supposed to with this prompt?  i have now messed up the root mysql again and have to reinstall mysql (facepalm)

also i opened up the ports on the router for the server device.  That should help.

ok finally i have success!!!   using a pi4 running ubuntu

all green lights for now :D

thanks for your help martin!

1) i needed to make sure my router allowed all the ports on the pi device

2) i needed to do this

cd /etc/mysql

sudo mcedit /etc/mysql/my.cnf

#add this line at the end

[mysqld]
default-authentication-plugin=mysql_native_password

This allows me to avoid the weird prompt problem i mentioned above

'> I dont know what this prompt is or does

The prompt problem could be due to '' characters, sometimes when you are copying such command and pasting it's causing an issue, but basically this command let's you to create a user with native password. You can also use similar command to alter user, but instead of create user you would have to use alter user at the beginning of it.

2 error messages on entering the chooser scene

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (TKey key) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
Atavism.CharacterSelectionCreationManager.StartCharacterCreation () (at Assets/Dragonsan/AtavismObjects/Scripts/CharacterSelectionCreationManager.cs:1093)
Atavism.CharacterSelectionCreationManager.Start () (at Assets/Dragonsan/AtavismObjects/Scripts/CharacterSelectionCreationManager.cs:318)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Atavism.CharacterSelectionCreationManager.SwitchSkinColortoColor (UnityEngine.Color color) (at Assets/Dragonsan/AtavismObjects/Scripts/CharacterSelectionCreationManager.cs:2481)
Atavism.CharacterSelectionCreationManager.<RegisterModularCharacterPicker>b__215_8 (UnityEngine.Color color) (at Assets/Dragonsan/AtavismObjects/Scripts/CharacterSelectionCreationManager.cs:3588)
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`1[T1].Invoke (T1 args0) (at <af218701fe324032b521ddd91f13662b>:0)
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`1[T0].Invoke (T0 arg0) (at <af218701fe324032b521ddd91f13662b>:0)
ColorPicker.SendChangedEvent () (at Assets/OtherPackages/HSVPicker/UI/ColorPicker.cs:212)
ColorPicker.Start () (at Assets/OtherPackages/HSVPicker/UI/ColorPicker.cs:58)

image.thumb.png.c5a9491d3a91a40191d5033819498fc5.png