Can you use a character model without blendshapes?

Flapman

Hi All, 

I have two character models that do not use blend-shapes.  Can I use those as my characters?  If so, is there a different process for using them than in the tutorials and how do I disable the blend-shape tool in the character selection?

I have these two models because they were created custom for my game.  If I use the PBR Human Models, can attach the uniforms of my characters to them?  Would that still work?  

Lots of questions, I know.  :)

3 hours ago, Flapman said:

I have two character models that do not use blend-shapes.  Can I use those as my characters?  If so, is there a different process for using them than in the tutorials and how do I disable the blend-shape tool in the character selection?

Hello, and welcome :)
Yes, of course. You can use any kind of character you want. The configuration process is the same.

3 hours ago, Flapman said:

I have these two models because they were created custom for my game.  If I use the PBR Human Models, can attach the uniforms of my characters to them?  Would that still work?  

You will have to have armors/outfits on the same prefab and they will have to use the same rig/skeleton to handle animations properly, but it's more like a unity requirement. Except this, there are no obstacles to using any kind of model with any kind of armors/outfits or weapons.

Thanks for the reply Martin.

Yes, of course. You can use any kind of character you want. The configuration process is the same.

Do I still attach the Champion Scripts and Character Controller to my models or use a separate one?

Sorry for the noob questions.  I am really testing out the feasibility of Atavism for my project and want to make sure I do everything correctly.  Also, I am still learning game development since I am on my own right now.

1 hour ago, Flapman said:

Do I still attach the Champion Scripts and Character Controller to my models or use a separate one?

Yes, it's the same procedure as with any other character model. Don't worry about questions. we all had to start somewhere, and asking questions is better for understanding how everything works.

Okay, then I may have another issued.  I used the Character creation process you show in your tutorial and added the components from Champion to my Male and Female settler models.   They did not show up in my Character Gen Screen (the last time it was working).   In fact when I disabled the other Characters in the Stand-alone editor, they still showed up on the Character Gen Screen.  

Maybe I should see if I fix the Login Screen Issue first then try to revisit this issue.  :)