Realm Account Manager

Guest Phelps

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I mean i pretty good with sql and visual basic if you guys are still interested i could prob put together something like this.

Don't. It violates Atavisms EULA.... that I never did actually see nor can I find it anywhere lol.

The only way you can do this, is if you can (since you know vb) make a login form that ties directly to atavism's customer base. Then after they login with their user and pass for atavism, you can have them use your program.

Do you think neo is just gonna hand over the keys to that vault? No.

Best best, is to contract this service out to others that are using atavism.

Sorry people.

thats not true at all i would have to do is make the user enter there sql db info and connect to the sql server pull variables that way i could pull information such as:

Players online

Their location

their status

you would also be able to delete records such as accounts

so on and so on

Ok... you didn't read all of what i said lol.

I already programmed all that too (You may have missed my post a couple of days ago. It got pulled). I even programmed recipe adding and quest adding ;)

You HAVE to make the program LOG INTO ATAVISMS CUSTOMER DATABASE. The program HAS TO VALIDATE that they are A CUSTOMER of atavism.

You know... that thing you log into that unlocks the atavism window editor?

That checks to see if you actually bought atavism?

Yea.

That thing.

That thing has to be in the 3rd party program as well.

Sorry for the caps.... had to make it ... more clear.

No i read every word you said just mis interpreted i suppose

So what you are trying to say is that i cant make a program that modifies the SQL database that atavism server connects to without verifying that they are a customer because people could just use that editor instead of the atavism one?

Correct.

The way it was explained to me is... and I quote "It circumvents atavisms security checks and it also goes around the "license per seat" rule".

It would be up to andrew to add some sort of .... web api i guess. Where we call into to check at least if the username is good.

I have worked with many MMO projects, and have plenty of prior experience.

I really just dont think that using a program to write to the database or read data from the database is violating the EULA when its just connecting to the Database server that is your property regardless.

Of course Neojac has the right to check if the program is secure, but as long as he isnt distributing Atavism Source and is just reading the tables and entries of the Database, he should be just fine.

1) The EULA only applies to accessing the AGIS Source, Atavism Client source and Using the AtavismEditor in Unity, I say this because Atavism is based off of an existing open source platform. Login is mainly required for developers

2) Moderators and In Game Administrators need to be able to access the database to ban accounts, I've asked the question on whats the best way to manage player data (Before the Backdating System) and they told me that PhpMyAdmin is the best way to ban players securely. So obviously, they have no problen of someone making a program to do this.

3) Neojac cannot regulate your database server, MySQL is owned by Oracle.

4) This would bring in a bunch of legal issues regarding keeping information safe. By making a MMO game its your responsibility to keep your users information safe, and all MMO's nowadays do not allow 3rd parties to access their database.

Honestly, if anyone's excuse is to rely on Neojac to keep you secure, you shouldn't be making a MMO if you cant handle security incidents yourself. Sure, Neojac will write patches for the Atavism Jar and Atavism Core but you have to always account for the instance of a security breech and have a plan.

I've learned several principles, and here is just a rundown.

Security

Do not trust the...

- Client

- Hosting software

- Environment

Ouch. I must trust them ?

- Trust where you must

- Verify

- Audit

Point is, your able to make it. As long as your not giving out source, reverse engineering or decompiling with intention of modifying AtavismCore or the Atavism Jar you should be fine.

~ Michael

I have worked with many MMO projects, and have plenty of prior experience.

Now your claim of it violating Atavisms EULA to simply access the database that Atavism uses is incorrect.

Of course Neojac has the right to check if the program is secure, but as long as he isnt distributing Atavism Source and is just reading the tables and entries of the Database, he should be just fine.

1) The EULA only applies to accessing the AGIS Source, Atavism Client source and Using the AtavismEditor in Unity, I say this because Atavism is based off of an existing open source platform. Login is mainly required for developers

2) Moderators and In Game Administrators need to be able to access the database to ban accounts, I've asked the question on whats the best way to manage player data (Before the Backdating System) and they told me that PhpMyAdmin is the best way to ban players securely. So obviously, they have no problen of someone making a program to do this.

3) Neojac cannot regulate your database server, MySQL is owned by Oracle.

4) This would bring in a bunch of legal issues regarding keeping information safe. By making a MMO game its your responsibility to keep your users information safe, and all MMO's nowadays do not allow 3rd parties to access their database.

Honestly, if anyone's excuse is to rely on Neojac to keep you secure, you shouldn't be making a MMO if you cant handle security incidents yourself. Sure, Neojac will write patches for the Atavism Jar and Atavism Core but you have to always account for the instance of a security breech and have a plan.

I've learned several principles, and here is just a rundown.

Security

Do not trust the...

- Client

- Hosting software

- Environment

Ouch. I must trust them ?

- Trust where you must

- Verify

- Audit

Point is, your able to make it. As long as your not giving out source, reverse engineering or decompiling with intention of modifying AtavismCore or the Atavism Jar you should be fine.

~ Michael

I enjoy how you think I just pulled this out of my ass.

All I am saying is that I have asked on matters of using third party programs to modify player data and they have encouraged the use of PhpMyAdmin to ban players instead of making an ingame command. So, honestly is writing a program that modifies already existing data breaking the EULA? I wouldn't think so because there about two other Plugins that have built in ban capabilities.

Now I would also think that Neojac wwould of said something if this was breaking the Eula, because its around 8 months old.

If he was making a program that allows users to modify quests, or Mobs then thats another story.

I only say this because there are some MMO's that have to be heavily moderated and moderators aren't developers. They need to be able to just access players accounts and ban them.

Also, you didn't have to swear. We are all civil here and aren't looking for blood.