Will licences work cross platform (Atavism for Unity -> Atavism for Unreal Engine)

Mars

Will licences work cross platform (Atavism for Unity -> Atavism for Unreal Engine)

Currently on Atavism for Unity On-Premesis Permanent Licence
But given the struggles i have with Unity lighting (specifically i wanted blended lighting but the new roadmap has ditched it and we're back to 3rd party assets that are buggy), issues with restrictive animators and issues with the new licencing on Unity in 2024 i am wanting to get off the platform.

Given i am using the On-Premesis Permanent Licence, will the new Unreal version be avaiable to download on this licence for both platforms? With a cost to switch licence ? Or will we need to purchase another licence specifically for the Unreal version ?

18 hours ago, Mars said:

Currently on Atavism for Unity On-Premesis Permanent Licence
But given the struggles i have with Unity lighting (specifically i wanted blended lighting but the new roadmap has ditched it and we're back to 3rd party assets that are buggy), issues with restrictive animators and issues with the new licencing on Unity in 2024 i am wanting to get off the platform.

I understand. We found that Unity is better in some things, but in terms of visuals and out-of-the-box performance Unreal is better and there are more features available. To be honest, we like to use both engines, depending on the scope, if we would go with a mobile MMO then Unity can be a better choice.

18 hours ago, Mars said:

Given i am using the On-Premesis Permanent Licence, will the new Unreal version be avaiable to download on this licence for both platforms? With a cost to switch licence ? Or will we need to purchase another licence specifically for the Unreal version ?

Atavism for Unreal will be licensed separately, we have plans to provide some kind of discount for license conversion, but it's hard to say more at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Makes a lot of sense, I can see how there would be some limitations in how far one could stretch Unity3d, although like you said Dragon there are some things that are easier to do in Unity3d then in Unreal and C# is a pretty easy language to pick up especially if you used Java in the past(the language syntax is very similar)