My Opinion

Kesarium

I just started using Unity a couple of weeks ago and Atavism Online was the first thing I purchased for it. I am very impressed with the features I've used so far. I had been programming on a purely Java-coded 2D-MMORPG for nearly two years and Atavism Online is set up much better for content management than I had ever even thought of for my own project.

There are a few things I would like to see fixed or improved with Atavism Online before I make the upgrade to some Veteran Licenses though. So I'll be watching for announcements and updates.

I've been having a blast testing Atavism Online and this is the first time I've been so active on a forum. I'm very excited for the future of Atavism Online and getting to use this framework. I've wanted to make a 3D MMORPG for awhile now, especially since I started using NVidia's 3D Vision technology, this is looking more and more possible the longer I test Atavism Online.

Thanks for Atavism Online, keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing the first released update since my arrival here.

Goodluck to you NeoJac.

Here is a list of issues I've encountered, I'll be watching for any updates regarding them. I'll expand on this list from time to time as well.

1. InstancePortal: Set destination point within destination instance.

2. Editor: A way to set how many levels a player can gain/xp req per level.

3. Client UI: Updated to Unity 4.6 so 3D Vision depth works with it.

4. Server: More Authoritative functionality... mob collision, mob location, mob pathfinding, player movement, player location.

5. Looting some currencies can go straight to the currency window.

6. Merchant window closes when user moves too far away.

7. Merchant popups display the correct currency value for stacks(buy/sell).

8. (Removed)(Was not an actual bug)

9. Player jumping repeatedly should not freeze up animations.

10. A way to set how much experience mobs give the player.

11. Quest turn-in experience rewards should be able to reward more than one level per turn in, if the experience points are enough, instead of getting results like 950cur/800max experience on your character.

12. Quests that require non-quest ItemType items should not consume more items than the quest requires(currently consumes all of them in the inventory).

Thanks Kesarium, we're glad to hear you are having a good time using the system, and thank you for the suggestions (of which many we agree with and are planned). Here's the response to each request...

1. InstancePortal: Set destination point within destination instance.

I have just added this into the next release :)

2. Editor: A way to set how many levels a player can gain/xp req per level.

Agreed, will try get this in as well (but no promises).

3. Client UI: Updated to Unity 4.6 so 3D Vision depth works with it.

On the to-do list but no ETA yet sorry.

4. Server: More Authoritative functionality... mob collision, mob location, mob pathfinding, player movement, player location.

Currently in development.

5. Looting some currencies can go straight to the currency window.

Yup, will make sure this is implemented again by next update (it used to work).

6. Merchant window closes when user moves too far away.

I will try get this in for the next update - we have implemented it in Neos already, so it's just a matter of copying over the code.

7. Merchant popups display the correct currency value for stacks(buy/sell).

Yup, will implement this next update.

9. Player jumping repeatedly should not freeze up animations.

Will have to look into this one

10. A way to set how much experience mobs give the player.

On the to-do list, not sure when it will be implemented.

11. Quest turn-in experience rewards should be able to reward more than one level per turn in, if the experience points are enough, instead of getting results like 950cur/800max experience on your character.

Yeah I will fix the code on the server to allow this (same with all exp gains).

12. Quests that require non-quest ItemType items should not consume more items than the quest requires(currently consumes all of them in the inventory).

Valid bug, will need to look into it.

Thanks again.