Has anyone seen this on the log-in screen?

Flapman

Hello, have you setup your Master Server in the Login scene -> AtavismCore game object to point your server installation?

Can you tell me what is your server installation method, like are you using Atavism Windows Manager, custom Linux or maybe a cloud server?

Have you imported any third party packages into your project or maybe turned on i2localization integration?

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the quick reply.   Yes, to the first part.  See my screenshot.

The Install method is the Atavism Windows Manager.

Yes, I have activated the i2localization in the Online Editor settings.  Should I not have?  I will likely want to make the game localized based on location (mainly in NA such as English, French and Spanish).

As far as other packages, yes.  I have Game Creator2 (which I have removed to test out Atavism) and PBR Infinity's Human Character Package.

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 8.53.24 AM.png

Ok. Is this installation on the same machine as your Unity? If so, then for the test try to set the IP to 127.0.0.1 in both Atavism Windows Manager as well as here in the Master Server inside Unity. I'm suspecting that the issue can be due to one of these elements:

1. Port that you set in the Atavism Windows Manager doesn't match the one in Unity. In this case, 9005, and 9010 are the default ones. Sometimes it's required to change 9010 to 9011 for example, because 9010 is in use in windows by default.

2. Firewall is blocking connections, and the above change to 127.0.0.1 will show us in which direction we should go further with this.

As for the localization, yes you can enable it, but do you have i2localization in your project?

52 minutes ago, Martin (Dragonsan) said:

Ok. Is this installation on the same machine as your Unity? If so, then for the test try to set the IP to 127.0.0.1 in both Atavism Windows Manager as well as here in the Master Server inside Unity. I'm suspecting that the issue can be due to one of these elements:

The Window Manager is on a separate machine on my network.   I work on my laptop and run the server on a different machine.  I pulled the IP address from my ipconfig on the server machine.

As for the localization, yes you can enable it, but do you have i2localization in your project?

Yes, I have it in my project.

You can try to install the server software on the same machine, or you can send me server logs in private to ensure that it's the firewall.

I can try that but let me see if I can send you those server logs first.  Ideally, I want to be able to run it separately, especially if I can make my world work in Atavism.  I want to run the world on an ongoing basis via a server that is up.