UMA Fantasy Races Pre Sells go live today

tomt

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ordering next week for sure, I had a stuff around trying to transfer models to uma and just went 'ahh bugger it I'll just buy someone else's and then I can see how it works' lol.

I need a bottle of vodka just to translate half the text from the UMA documentation; and working another full time job as well isn't helping either. waaaaaaaaaaaay too busy

Droptopgames,

Are you aware that uma is changing. As we move toward unity 5. I'm not sure if this race pack will work. Not only that we paid a lot of money for this and never seen any updates or anything. As far as we were concerned its a dead project / or false promises.

Not to be rude just saying it as it is. Not one update or anything has happend with this.

I wouldn't recommend spending any money on this.. It will all change next update.

Uma has memory leaks and that is why there changing it all out.

I would wait and see what Atavism team comes up with if it were me.

"downloads will be available unless we end artforindies."

Just my two cents worth. :P

• 2 weeks later...

My problem Dakora is that we're inexperienced with UMA, and there's no ~training facility~ that we can send our guys to aside from youtube to learn more about how they need to model the joints etc.

our guys are good but the models they made don't seem to want to work with uma. We are trying to convert our models to UMA based models. And I mean ALL of them need to be converted. I was hoping I could fast track dev by buying a package so we can get on with building the atavism side and then just swap out the models once Boyd gets his head around the UMA stuff but if we're wasting our money I have no option but to waste more time getting him up to speed...

just really annoying that I can't just drop another character generator system in and continue working; as I've said to neojac before everything is too inter-wound into the demo for me to clearly see what parts I need to take out to remove UMA and (ngui) to implement other systems

This is not your solution. They had models Thomas posted them and he couldn't get them to work. Every race is just the same uma model even the ears are from uma. all the faces everything in this pack is what you get free. The only thing you get a some code to be able to add in races to Atavism. Jac is going to give you that free. I'm just trying to save you money because your not getting anything that will let you do what you want.

When we bought the pack I was under the Impression like you are now we would get these very good looking models. That's what was posted on there forums. You won't get that. They took all that down because like what you want to do you can't. So Thomas isn't even using his pack or uma anymore.

Best bet is to wait for Neojac if you ask me.