trying to install server onto ubuntu

feartheway

i sent the error logs but at the moment it seems to be a problem in the character selection screen with a missing reference to the character model 

what version of unity to you recommend for atavism 10.5?  atm i am using 2020 LTS

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Atavism.ClientAPI.GetCharacterEntries () (at Assets/Standard Assets/Atavism Core/ClientAPI.cs:207)
Atavism.CharacterSelectionCreationManager.StartCharacterSelection () (at Assets/Dragonsan/AtavismObjects/Scripts/CharacterSelectionCreationManager.cs:373)
Atavism.CharacterSelectionCreationManager.Start () (at 

image.thumb.png.ae44547308637d081987d7486d35cf05.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Problem at the moment = Cannot get past login screen.

Server is running apart from mob server.

the atavism standalone windows manager seems to be working and connected ok.

I took a big break (2 months) to dive into VR development.  Now  I am back to atavism. 

All roads lead back to atavism. 

I dont know which pi 4 it is I will keep you posted when i get it all to work.   it ws the 4gb one i also have an 8gb ready to take over.

I am back to where I was and now I think i need some help to sort out.   

I am going to try 2020.3.23f1 LTS

1)  what is the best version of unity to run for client 10.5?

2) at the moment I have a problem with world not found and freeze at the login screen.

ok i look in these two locations

player log is empty

C:\Users\user1\AppData\LocalLow\DefaultCompany\2021 nov atavism 1

editor log what do you want me to look at?

C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Unity

the console errors in the unity player = 

warning1

No key file found. Data will not be encrypted.
UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object)
Atavism.ClientAPI:Awake () (at Assets/Standard Assets/Atavism Core/ClientAPI.cs:121)

warning2

All data received. Running Queued Item update message.
UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object)
Atavism.Inventory:HandleInvPrefabData (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<string, object>) (at Assets/Dragonsan/AtavismObjects/Scripts/Inventory.cs:1797)
Atavism.AtavismNetworkHelper:handlePrefabMessage (string,System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<string, object>) (at Assets/Standard Assets/Atavism Core/Networking/AtavismNetworkHelper.cs:2267)

error

SocketException:

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 size, System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags socketFlags) (at <0463b2ef957545c0a51b42f372cd4fbb>:0)
System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 size) (at <0463b2ef957545c0a51b42f372cd4fbb>:0)
Rethrow as IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

i end up looking at this 

image.thumb.png.78bfbbfed048fd0d54fab30ec86449f8.png