3DOmelette

Help put a Price Tag to Atavism CMS Website App  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Help put a Price Tag to Atavism CMS Website App

• $60 - $79
    • $80 - $99
    • $100 - $120
    • $40 - $59

I dont think it has any sort of compatibility, first time i heard of Oxwall actually. nice tool and open source good to know that.

will look at it later on and see if we can find a good usage for this cms.

but that will be way after i get done all i need to acomplish with the current project so its gonna take a while that i will even look at the setup and find a usage for it.

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the vote Alan

still working hard at this.

so far got most of mechanics.

-doing final touches on admin backend panel

-dashboard with statistics from store, users visitors etc.....

-got most modules from a website needed features done ie:

1-shopping store module: can handle recurring subscription payments , 1 time payment, digital download products, paid members private website content feature too, non digital products with shipping module, several payment gateways paypal among them ,invoices, coupons system, taxes system, shopping cart etc.........

2- front end website tools on admin panel ie: menu manager, static pages manager, blog manager,event calendar manager, gallery pics manager etc.......

3- members management system ie: ad new member, delete, edit. usergroups for allowing different features or benefits to each usergroup. good for subscription levels ie basic, pro, etc....

4- website reports ie: product orders, subscriptions,cancellations, taxes, registrations,

popular content, etc.... cvs comma delimited export tools for downloading reports and converting to exel docs etc....

5 website theme manager for importing new front end theme design etc.... theme editor too.

6- website logs report ie: website activity logs, who logged in, who did what and where ip address coming from, browser used etc......

7 modules manager, enable , disable, install etc.....

8- search module for meta searching all website content from any page, ie: static pages, blogs etc....

9- website configuration and settins panel, very detail featurewise. ie: emails predefined responses, ie: new member welcome email, member validation, new registration, forgot password etc......

10- cronjobs for payment automation system, cancellations, subscription, downgrade upgrade user groups etc....

11- phpbb forum module bridge for seamlessly authenticate all website members to use phpbb forum etc..... where you can make it look as part of the cms site.

12- secured and protected the cms against any sort of sql injections, crosssite scripting etc.... focused a lotttttta time and effort on tightening this area up like a vault as much as i could and knew. did a token system for all website forms and input fields to tighten security.

all this among athers. phew, lottta work, more than i thought it would be, 7 months straight full time non stop, pretty much all winter, but finally taking shape. i need to finish this soon and start making sales, my savings are running low by now :-)

now, pretty much got the basic website fundamentals done, meaning it can be use for any regular cms website.

i am working now on the default frontend theme demo layout, so once this is done can be use for any website manager.

once this is done, I will commercially release for a normal website cms system in general to start generating funds since 7 months been using my savings to create this app.

but right after i make it public available to purchase as a regular website cms i will start creating the atvism modules for managing ingame members, new registrations, automated game subscriptions, game time, trials, viewing account ingame characters, inventory, purchasing items for ingame use etc........

so still working at it, will probably do an early adopter special for those who want to start and work on their website managing their content stuff, then when i get done with atavism modules will get them to those early adopters for free. something of that nature.

soon will post a demo so people can see front end and backend features.

cheers

ohhhh, almost forgot to mention a feature, which i like a lot and most cms systems outhere fail to achieve..

-a really really fast framework, ofcourse and expected since it was built ontop of codeigniter php framework :-) plus using smarty template engine for content cache and frontend theme design.

ohhhh, almost forgot to mention a feature, which i like a lot and most cms systems outhere fail to achieve..

-a really really fast framework, ofcourse and expected since it was built ontop of codeigniter php framework :-) plus using smarty template engine for content cache and frontend theme design.

Dude... if you can pull this off and make it look good.

I will buy it and I'll fly to you, and make you an omelet :cheer:

• 2 weeks later...

I was literally just coming to see if someone had a framework already done up. I was going to make one that integrates with drupal and then thought about it and went 'hack friendly' and was going to just do some api scrounging but since you're already way ahead of me; do you need some beta testers???

thanks for your interest,

well, i pretty much got the main cms done by now, mostly the base complete cms framework finished, basically it can power up any sort of website, eCommerce, personal, etc...... i am just bug fixing, styling , final touches etc... but the base core is done.

once i finish the styling, bug fixings etc..... it can be used for any kind of website, so then after that, i will start coding the atavism related modules to add the game related addons or plugins ie: display account game characters, inventory, purchase items to be mailed or used ingame etc....

but that will come after base cms for regular website is completed. getting closer.

one thing tho, not a show stopper or anything like that, but fortunately, I have been hired by a well known big ass game studio to work on a new mmo title, yesterday i signed the contract paperwork, cant say names yet, due of NDA, so the drawback of that is ill not be able to invest full time on this cms project anymore like i used to before 24/7 for 7 months straight now.

but will still finish it little by little on my spare time after new job work schedule,

good deal is i am glad that i got the hardest base core framework done, so the rest will be a ride in the park.

I wish i could of got it all done and released by now, but have to refill my savings account back up again after all this 7 long winter months cms project job i spent.

so it is a releaf for me going back to work, i can more relaxed invest leisure time on bug fixing and styling and creating the atavism modules without a pressure of releasing an unfinished or bugged anticipate release to get revenue, so now i feel more relaxed and investing just leisure spare time in my baby cms project to polish it little by little.

maybe I will do a custom front end theme design layout job using my cms app to some one requesting it incase someone inquires for it, before releasing a default generic theme design layout for the masses.

I am not sure yet, i need to settle down first on my new job and depending on how much spare time left ill see and will post here.

anyways I am still working at it, now is the bug fixing and styling but slowly due of new job, but development is still active and soon will be a release.

those in a rush or need for a base cms framework that will eventually will have atavism server module can contact me privately and we can come to an agreement soon.

good day.

Hi 3DOmelette

in the beginning i hate big interest of your cms, so that i decide to buy and waiting,

but i have to be onest with you, You Delay project so many times so that i lose all the interess i hate to buy it from you.

sorry.

i hope you have success with your project

best reguard

Cube

No problem cube,

no hard feelings, sometimes things dont go how they plan, specially in the code programming industry,

that is why there is real life estimate product delivery and then there is programmer developer estimated time.

both sound the same but 2 very different results.

pretty much it is a known fact in the code developer industry.

but I appreciate your honesty, sorry to hear you wont be buying.

good luck to you too.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you a little bit confused bro, this is not a unity editor extension or addon or plugin this is a website cms specially tailored for powering game websites in this case for atavism.

this will help your client/players to register for the game via the website and check or view characters created, view current character ingame items/equipment. buy items or microtransactions etc..

now all item creation /prefabs etc..... you create them via unity editor not this framework,

hope this answers your question

• 2 months later...

Hi AliceD

Yes, this project is still alive,

I put it on hold for the past few months due of time, i got hired by a game studio for a project so been busy with them and will be for the next few more months to come,

but am slowly working on it on my free time,

Hopefully I can release something functional by the time atavism gets out of beta.

So yes, Iam still working in it, slowly but steady.

I'll update this thread with more news as the project grows

thanks for asking.

• 2 months later...

Thanks zzbrandon,

I am still working at it, a little bit slow tho,

due that i am fulltime working with a studio for the past 6 months and it sucks the life out of me so the little to almost none spare time i have left i dedicate to continue on this project.

I guess i am still good on time tho, at least to when atavism gets out of beta, looks like atavism might not get a release candidate not until mid next year, it was supposed to be out at the end of this year , but they seemed to change their roadmap so I assume probably mid next year might have a release , so i guess by then i might have something functional with my app with the little time i am investing at it.

Thanks for your interest.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...